• Damage adjustment

At Alphabet we respond to all your queries and needs.

Below you will find a list of FAQs on damage and breakdowns.

A driver found some paint damage which had not been caused by an accident or collision - what should I do?

The driver should have their car checked in an authorised service centre where a guarantee repair will be considered. When visiting the service centre, they should have and present a valid vehicle service record with all necessary stamps.

Where can the driver find the Alphabet Assistance number?

The phone number can be found on the vehicle card and the driver's card.

When should the driver ask for their vehicle to be towed?

Towing of a vehicle is justified when the vehicle is damaged to such extent that it is immobile or cannot be driven safely and in compliance with the applicable law, e.g.: its windscreen is broken, external lights are damaged or broken, the left side mirror is missing.

What should the driver do in the process of claims adjustment? What documents and information should be provided?

The driver should complete and submit the following documents for the liability claims to be examined by the insurance company:

  • a signed, fully and legibly completed damage report form;
  • copy of both sides of the vehicle registration certificate or the original confirmation of their vehicle registration certificate having been seized by the police;
  • copy of both sides of the driver's driving licence at the time when the incident occurred;
  • copy of the valid vehicle insurance certificate;
  • other documents such as the original admission of liability by the at-fault party with details required for the pursuit of recourse claims, note/report made by the police at the scene of the incident; and
  • if the vehicle has been stolen, a certificate issued by the police that the vehicle theft has been reported, including the vehicle's VIN number.

What should the driver do if their car has been damaged by an unknown party or stolen?

Any vehicle damage caused by an unknown party or theft of the vehicle or its parts should be immediately reported to the police. The time between the incident being identified and reported cannot exceed 12 hours.

The driver is an aggrieved party in an incident - what should they do?

If the driver is an aggrieved party, they should obtain all necessary details of the at-fault party such as:

  • insurer's name;
  • third party insurance policy number;
  • validity term of the at-fault party's insurance policy; and
  • admission of liability, with all the at-fault party's details.

Once provided with this information, Alphabet Polska can file the claim with the at-fault party's insurance company. We recommend to print out the model statement. This will make it easier for you to follow the procedure and collect data if any damage occurs. In case of any controversies, the driver must call the police to draw up an incident record on the spot.

This procedure is also to be followed when the vehicle has been damaged as a result of having hit a pothole, snow falling from a building, using a car wash etc.

Where can the driver obtain a damage report form to be filled in?

The driver can obtain the damage report form in the service centre or, if they provided their e-mail address when reporting the damage, the form will be sent to the driver by e-mail.

What is the car repair procedure?

Once the driver's request has been recorded, Alphabet Polska will notify the insurance company of damage and send the repair order to the service centre. The service centre will contact the driver and set the car repair date (if the vehicle was not towed after the incident). Then the service centre will file the collected documents with the insurance company and, having obtained the approval for the repair scope and costs, will proceed to repair the vehicle. Upon completion of the repair, the service centre will contact the driver to set a date for the repaired vehicle to be collected.

How long can the driver use a replacement car due to their car being repaired?

A replacement car can be used only while your vehicle is being repaired, though no longer than stipulated in the agreement with Alphabet Polska. Please note that, to avoid any additional costs, you should return the replacement car on the day when the repair has been completed, in a good condition, considering the usual wear and tear, and with the same amount of fuel as when you picked it up. The date for the replacement car to be returned can be set through Alphabet Assistance.

The vehicle registration certificate has been seized as a result of an accident or collision - what should I do?

Please inform the driver of this vehicle that they should provide the original confirmation of their vehicle registration certificate having been seized to the service centre repairing their car. The driver will be provided with the vehicle registration certificate along with the vehicle once the repair has been completed.

The contract executed with Alphabet does not cover the claims adjustment service - what should I do?

Report the damage with the insurance company, print out and complete the damage report form and send it to the address: szkody@alphabet.pl. Alphabet Polska will register the report and issue a vehicle repair authorisation. Once provided with such authorisation, you can adjust the claim with the service centre and insurance company of your choice.

I need a duplicate of the comprehensive insurance certificate for one of my fleet vehicles. What should I do?

Please send us an application for a duplicate certificate to be issued to the following address: ubezpieczenia@alphabet.pl, specifying the vehicle registration number.

Which damage/events can be excluded from the insurer's scope of liability?

The insurance company can reject or limit liability and refuse to pay compensation if:

  • the deadline set for reporting the damage has been exceeded, which affected the scope of the insurer's liability;
  • the actual damage was found inconsistent with the circumstances described in the damage report form;
  • defects not related to the damage were found in the repaired element;
  • the car did not have a valid technical inspection when the damage occurred;
  • the driver was not authorised to drive the vehicle;
  • not all details of the at-fault party were collected;
  • the damage does not exceed the value of the integral franchise set for the comprehensive insurance policy as regards the net vehicle repair costs; or
  • the damage does not exceed the deductible value set for the comprehensive insurance policy as regards the net vehicle repair costs; or
  • not all required documents were submitted (e.g.: completed and signed damage report form);
  • the reported vehicle damage results from how the vehicle was operated or a driving mistake (e.g.: corrosion, filling the car with wrong fuel, damage to the engine as a result of water being sucked into it)
  • the incident was not reported to the police although required.
  • Other liability exclusions are described in the general vehicle insurance terms.