Alphabet International is a leading provider of business mobility solutions and part of the Financial Services Sector of BMW Group. A significant part of the Alphabet IT Department is located in Breda from where IT Services are developed and provided for the European market. High customer satisfaction, agile delivery and robust IT solutions are very relevant for the BMW Group. In this role you will be working in an international team of highly qualified staff.
Alphabet is in the process of replacing its core applications with a service oriented architecture using an Agile way of working and a continuous delivery approach. This new IT architecture is based on model driven development (MDD) to deliver IT artifacts such as business processes and workflow, business rules and Java code.
Who are we looking for
As a Solution Analyst you will help us to design, build and deliver the necessary IT solutions. In this role you will be responsible for modelling Alphabet’s business needs for solution delivery. As a member of an agile solution delivery team you will deliver business process models and information models in each sprint while adhering to modelling conventions. You will participate with analysts in a team to enhance conventions and guidelines and ensure compliance with corporate standards. The job is fulltime in Breda.
More specifically, you will
- Manage requirement definition and user story refinement processes in order to deliver well-defined specifications to the solution delivery teams.
- Maintain and improve the modelling practice, processes and tools.
- Maintain and improve the modelling environment, including but not limited to the modelling tool, modelling language, meta language, language workbench, code generator(s).
- Continues refine the modelling language to achieve adoption by IT and non-technical users.
- Use and adapt modelling conventions to deliver information models and business object models.
- Perform process discovery and optimization, requirements management and solution architecture and design (focused on BPM, BRMS and SOA).
- Ensure proper implementation of solutions through documentation, guidance and verification.
- Sharing and incorporating lessons learned in improved working assumptions, solution patterns and adjusted MDD configurations.
- Consistently use the MDD approach for delivering IT solutions.
What should you offer?
- Experienced with and comfortable in the domains of information modelling, process modelling, business rules and business event based technologies and using one or more relevant enterprise toolsets.
- Able to organize and lead requirements refinement /process refinement workshops with large groups of subject matter experts from Business and IT.
- Experienced with Aris as modelling tool.
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Business Process Modelling principles.
- Experienced with managing and refining requirements in an agile approach; preferably working with JIRA and Confluence.
- Familiar with Model Driven Development and modelling language(s) like BPMN, UML.
- Background and good understanding in leasing and mobility industry is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Java based workflow and business rules software is an advantage.
- Capable of working, thinking and communicating at different abstraction levels with business users, architects, software developers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiar with Lean Six Sigma.
- Willing to travel across Europe (occasionally).
- Proficient in business English, both in writing and speaking. German is an advantage.
- Results driven, cooperative mindset and quality focused.
What do we offer?
A challenging, stable and fulltime position within a premium organization, which is part of BMW Group. There is a lot of room within Alphabet for your own ideas and initiatives. Together with approximately 50 other software developer colleagues you create the open and supportive working environment. At Alphabet and BMW Group we strongly believe in the balance between professional and private life. Furthermore, we offer a contract and attractive labor conditions like a 13th month salary and at least 30 holiday days.
Do you recognize yourself in above described profile and do you want to be a part of our challenging organization? Please send your English application with a motivation & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Debbie Zandee (HR Consultant).
- Closing date: June 30, 2016.
- Interview with Rens Voogt (Project lead) and a colleague developer.
- Interview with Management.
-Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated-