Senior Front-end Developer
Alphabet is in the process of replacing its core applications with a service oriented architecture using an Agile way of working and a continuous delivery approach. This new IT architecture is based on model driven development to deliver IT artifacts such as business processes and workflow, business rules and Java code.
Who are we looking for
As a Front-end Developer you will help us to build and deliver the necessary IT solutions. In this role you will be responsible for continuous delivery and improvement of Alphabet’s front-end interfaces. As a member of an agile solution delivery team you will work with an international design agency on optimizing the user experience while delivering high performing, reusable, reliable front-end components in each sprint. You will participate in the architecture chapter to enhance principles and guidelines and ensure compliance with corporate standards. The job is fulltime in Breda.
More specifically, you will
- Work with UX designers to realize highly attractive user interfaces in line with corporate guidelines.
- Design, build and deploy working front-end software solutions in accordance with defined software architecture and UX guidelines.
- Actively participate in continuously improving the software development and architecture, with focus on front-end and front-end/back-end cooperation.
- Build, test and deliver the software solution with an agile approach. Working software is key.
- In cooperation with UX designer, define requirements, guidelines and constraints for the non-functional aspects of UX implementations, such as performance, security and re-use.
- Sharing and incorporating lessons learned in improved working assumptions and solution patterns.
- Build and maintain a catalogue of reusable, elegant solution patterns.
- Build and maintain a library of reusable, elegant software components.
- Document standards and guidelines for using these patterns and components.
What you should offer
- Excellent in building high performance, reusable, reliable front end components.
- Proven experience with Continuous Delivery processes and tools, specifically Jenkins, Gulp, Git, Nexus and SonarQube. Knowledge of PostgreSQL and OpenStack is an advantage.
- Experience with Agile approach, working with JIRA and preferably Confluence.
- Experience with multi-platform, multi-channel, multi-device, multi-language.
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture principles.
- Capable of working and thinking at different abstraction levels with UX designers, software developers, architects, and non-technical stakeholders.
- Willing to travel across Europe (occasionally).
- Proficient in business English, both in writing and speaking. German is an advantage.
- Creative, results driven, cooperative mindset and excellent interpersonal skills.
What do we offer?
A challenging, stable and fulltime position within a premium organization, which is part of BMW Group. There is a lot of room within Alphabet for your own ideas and initiatives. Together with approximately 50 other software developer colleagues you create the open and supportive working environment. At Alphabet and BMW Group we strongly believe in the balance between professional and private life. Furthermore, we offer a fixed contract including 2 months’ probation time and attractive labor conditions like a 13th month salary and at least 30 holiday days.
Do you recognize yourself in above described profile and do you want to be a part of our challenging organization? Please send your English application with a motivation & CV to email@example.com for the attention of Debbie Zandee (HR Consultant).
- Closing date: June 30, 2016.
- Interview with Rens Voogt (Project lead) and a colleague developer.
- Interview with Management.
-Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated-