Alphabet is in the process of replacing its core applications with a service oriented architecture using an Agile way of working and a continuous delivery approach. This new IT architecture is based on model driven development to deliver IT artifacts such as business processes and workflow, business rules and Java code.
Who are we looking for
As a Java Developer you will help us to build and deliver the necessary IT solutions. In this role you will be responsible for continuous delivery and improvement of Alphabet’s core business services. As a member of an agile solution delivery team you will deliver high performing, reusable, reliable back-end components in each sprint while adhering to architectural principles. You will participate with peer developers in chapters to enhance patterns and guidelines and ensure compliance with corporate standards. The job is fulltime in Breda.
More specifically, you will
- Design, build, test and deliver working software solutions using an Agile approach.
- Assist in designing and improving the technical software architecture and continuous delivery framework based on the given business and enterprise architecture.
- Refine and implement requirements, guidelines and constraints for the non-functional aspects of IT solutions, such as code quality, performance, security and regulatory compliance.
- Model software solutions following SOA and MDD principles.
- Share and incorporate lessons learned in improved working assumptions, solution patterns and developer guidelines.
- Build and maintain a catalogue of reusable, elegant solution patterns.
- Build and maintain a library of reusable, elegant software components.
- Document standards and guidelines for using these patterns and components.
What should you offer?
- In-depth Java solution design and programming experience, specifically Java SE 8, Java EE 7, Maven, REST/Hypermedia, TestNG, Crucible, Selenium, IntelliJ.
- Knowledge of AngularJS, PostgreSQL and OpenStack is an advantage.
- Experience with Continuous Delivery processes and tools, specifically Jenkins, Gulp, Git, Nexus and SonarQube.
- Excellent understanding of Service Oriented Architecture principles.
- Experience with Agile approach and working with JIRA, and preferably Confluence.
- Experience with Model Driven Development, BPMN and UML is preferred.
- Knowledge of Java based workflow and business rules software is an advantage.
- Capable of working and thinking at different abstraction levels with software developers, architects, and non-technical stakeholders.
- Willing to travel across Europe (occasionally).
- Proficient in business English, both in writing and speaking. German is an advantage.
- Results driven, cooperative mindset and quality focused.
What do we offer?
A challenging, stable and fulltime position within a premium organization, which is part of BMW Group. There is a lot of room within Alphabet for your own ideas and initiatives. Together with approximately 50 other software developer colleagues you create the open and supportive working environment. At Alphabet and BMW Group we strongly believe in the balance between professional and private life. Furthermore, we offer a fixed contract including 2 months’ probation time and attractive labor conditions like a 13th month salary and at least 30 holiday days.
Do you recognize yourself in above described profile and do you want to be a part of our challenging organization? Please send your English application with a motivation & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Debbie Zandee (HR Consultant).
- Closing date: June 30, 2016.
- Interview with Rens Voogt (Project lead) and a colleague developer.
- Interview with Management
-Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated-