IT Specialist Startup Management Agile/DevOps
Alphabet is an international company and part of the Financial Services Sector of BMW Group. A significant part of the Alphabet International IT Department is located in Breda and is providing Application Operations Services for the European market. High customer satisfaction and an efficient, highly available operation of software solutions are of great importance for Alphabet International.
Within Alphabet a new strategy is defined to fulfill the future goals of Alphabet. This strategy called OASIS (One Alphabet Strategy & International Solutions) is also leading for the realization of a new IT landscape for the international markets of Alphabet. The architecture for this IT landscape is defined and based on service oriented architecture.
The role of Startup Manager is a specific project management role within the BMW Group for which we offer an internal training. It is a challenging and interesting role in which you represent the requirements and interests of IT Operations in IT projects.
In this job you will act as a Startup Manager for the above mentioned OASIS project. Together with the project team you are responsible for the development of SOA applications with a focus on design-to-run. You will support the project in establishing a DevOps oriented operations model that allows an efficient and highly flexible way of operating applications for multiple markets. Your core responsibility is to ensure a successful handover of the applications into the production environment. You advise the project regarding BMW standards in terms of IT infrastructure, system architecture and operational processes and ensure their compliancy to this standards.
In this job you will be working in an international team with highly qualified colleagues.
The job is fulltime in Breda.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for an experienced, professional, collaborative and technical IT Project Lead with a focus on various technologies.
- An IT-generalist with a strong IT-Operations background.
- Good understanding of Application Operations based on ITIL v3 and the related processes: Problem-, Incident-and Change Management.
- Good understanding of non-functional requirements that improve the operational stability of an application.
- Good understanding of IT-related costs and what drives them.
- Willingness to seek out and promote continuous improvement activities to improve the services and/or reduce costs
- A creative, cooperative and communicative team player
What should you offer?
- Successfully completed bachelor studies in computer science, business, industrial engineering or an equivalent qualification.
- Good understanding and knowledge about Agile development methods & tools and Scrum.
- Understanding of ITILv3 Continual Service Improvement in the context of an Agile approach (e.g. writing and delivering user stories to build and improve operations).
- Project management experience in IT projects (minimum 3 years).
- Proven experience with continuous delivery processes and tools, specifically SonarQube, TestNG, Selenium, Maven, Git, Crucible, IntelliJ, Jenkins, Gulp and Nexus.
- Experience with managing a SOA-based application landscape with 3-tier applications.
- Preferably experience in working in an international environment.
- The ability to work with DevOps solution developers in Agile Scrum teams as well as with Infrastructure and Application Operations departments and procedures.
- Proficient in Dutch and English.
- Teamwork and communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Analytic capability of thinking.
- Structured approach.
- Willingness to travel across Europe (occasionally).
What do we offer?
A challenging, stable position within a premium organization which is part of BMW Group. There is a lot of room within Alphabet for your own ideas and initiatives. Together with approximately 20 other passionate, positive and collaborative Applications Operations and Startup Management Specialists you provide AO Services to Alphabet Business Units across Europe. At Alphabet and BMW Group we strongly believe in the balance between professional and private life. Furthermore we offer one limited contract and then a fixed contract including attractive labor conditions like a 13th month salary and at least 30 holiday days.
Do you recognize yourself in above described profile and do you want to be a part of our challenging organization? Please send your English application with a motivation & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Debbie Zandee (HR Consultant).
- Closing date: October 16th 2016.
- Interview with Ludwig Loeffelmann (Department lead) and Esther Pistorius (Team lead)
- Management Drives test.