Legal grounds for processing of your information
The use of your information is permitted under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018:
- where you have consented to the use (you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us). GDPR Article 6.1(a)
- where necessary to enter into or perform our contract with you. GDPR Article 6.1(b)
- where we need to use it to comply with our legal obligations. GDPR Article 6.1(c)
- where we use it to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights (our legitimate interests include promoting Alphabet and the BMW Group business and tailoring news and offers to your profile, research and development of vehicle related products and services, assessing your credit-worthiness, detecting fraud and criminal activities). GDPR Article 6.1(f)
- where necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against you, us or a third party. GDPR Article 6.1(e)
There may be uses that are permitted on the basis of other grounds; where this is the case we will use reasonable endeavours to identify the ground and communicate it you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the new basis.