Alphabet, our award winning history.
- Alphabet 'Highly Commended' by the Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership for 'Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year' 2016.
- Alphabet 'Highly Commended' in both the 'Best Use of Technology for Benefits' and 'Best Car Scheme Provider' categories at the WS+B Awards 2016.
- Alphabet were delighted with a double win at this year's Business Car Techies Awards. Our AlphaGuide app won in the 'Best App' category, while our Virtual Handover initiative was recognised with the prestigious 'Editor's Choice' award.
- We are thrilled to have been recognised at this year's Fleet World Honours, receiving recognition for ‘Innovation in Contract Hire and Leasing’ and ‘Innovation in Service, Maintenance and Repair’.
- Double success for Alphabet at the 2016 International Auto Finance Network (IAFN) Awards. Alphabet Partner and the AlphaGuide App won awards for ‘Best Product or Service Innovation in Fleet Finance’ and ‘Total Mobility Initiative’ respectively.
- Alphabet has been named ‘Leasing and Fleet Management Company of the Year’ for the 5th consecutive year at the BusinessCar Awards 2016, voted for by readers.
- We are proud to be a Recognised Partner in the Freight Transport Association’s (FTA) Van Excellence programme.
- Alphabet are delighted to have been recognised as one of the UK’s Top Employers for the third year running.
- Alphabet awarded '1st Choice For Customers' at the BIFFA Supplier Awards.
- We were on top of the world when we received the highest recognition in the industry 'Fleet News - Leasing Provider of the Year' for products such as AlphaCity, AlphaElectric, and their continued customer orientated approach.
- Twelve months after first being recognised by the Top Employers Institute, we have again been recognised as one of the UK’s top employers by being awarded the ‘Top Employers United Kingdom Midsized 2015’ certification.
- Alphabet is named again 'Leasing and Fleet Management company of the Year' and 'Service Supplier of the Year' at the annual BusinessCar Awards, voted for by readers.
- Alphabet is winning the 'BusinessCar Techies Editor's Choice Award' for its comprehensive approach towards electric vehicles, AlphaElectric.
- Alphabet is awarded the exclusive 'Top Employers' United Kingdom Midsized 2014 certification. As quoted in the Guardian (15/03/2014) Alphabet has an "open and friendly culture". We are delighted with the award as only five other organisations within this category are also accredited.
- Alphabet is named 'Leasing and Fleet Management company of the Year' and 'Service Supplier of the Year' at the annual BusinessCar Awards, voted for by readers.
- Alphabet hands over its 500,000th international car. This is a milestone in the company's history and another step on the way to becoming the leading European Business Mobility provider
- Alphabet wins the 'FleetWorld Editors Award' for our AlphaCity corporate car sharing product
- Alphabet was also awarded the BusinessCar 'Service Supplier of the Year' for 2013
- We launch our innovative AlphaCity CarSharing programme in the UK AlphaCity complements corporate car pools and meets the growing demand for sustainable mobility management, especially for short trips and for urban areas
- Alphabet enters Romanian market, signing a cooperation agreement with UniCredit Fleet Management
- Britain's fleet decision makers named Alphabet as the UK's Fleet Service Company of the Year in the prestigious 2012 ACFO Awards, which are voted online exclusively by members of the Association of Car Fleet Operators
- Alphabet wins the Innovation in Fleet Services & Systems award from the Energy Saving Trust for our AlphaCity corporate car sharing product.
- BusinessCar TECHIES Award – Innovation, AlphaCity
- Alphabet was voted winner of the Leasing and Fleet Management category 2012 by the readers of the BusinessCar
- Alphabet was voted by the public for the Fleet News Reader Recommended 2012 in the contract hire and leasing category
- Leeds Employer of the Year 2012
- Alphabet's Account Executive, Carol Shears receives a BVRLA Fleet Industry Hero
- In September, Alphabet acquires ING Car Lease, a subsidiary of ING Group. The acquisition boosts Alphabet's industry ranking and strengthens its international presence. Alphabet ends the years with over 100,000 cars under management in the UK and more than 474,000 worldwide
- Lord Coe presents Alphabet Customer Service Adviser Lisa Ditch with the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association's ?Industry Hero Award? for outstanding service to customers
- Alphabet launches a Mobility Services division for the development of innovative Business Mobility solutions. Its first result is the launch of AlphaCity which is introduced by Alphabet France. AlphaCity is a corporate CarSharing programme designed to meet the growing demand for sustainable mobility management especially for short trips and for urban areas.
- The Fleeteye Customer Satisfaction Index survey shows that Alphabet is the top performing leasing provider in the 500+ fleet sector for the second year running.
- BusinessCar TECHIES Award – GreenCARE
- Finalist for the 2008 Employee Benefits Award for the Shell UK Car Scheme and AlphaDrive
- Alphabet maintains its record unbroken run at the top of the Landmark Pre Sale Category with a fourth successive win. Fleet operators awarded Alphabet the highest-ever Pre Sale score in Landmark's nine-year history – 86.81% – for areas including the quality and range of Alphabet's products, its communications and responsiveness and its professional handling of negotiations
- Alphabet celebrates its tenth anniversary. The number of employees in the UK has risen from four to over 120 since 1997, with 40,588 vehicles now under management. Internationally, Alphabet is now a top ten European fleet management service provider
- 2007 saw Alphabet top the apd Landmark Pre Sale surveys, for the third consecutive year
- FN50 Customer Service Award
- Employee Benefits & Rewards - Car Scheme Provider of the Year
- Employee Benefits Award – Most effective company car Strategy – BBC My Drive
- Alphabet is founded in the UK as the multi-marque fleet management subsidiary of the BMW Group