Team Leader Small Fleet and Mid Corporate
As a Small Fleet and Mid Corporate Team Leader you will be responsible for the smooth running of this team as part of the Office Sales Department. You are committed to achieving the sales targets set out and to continuing to foster the partnerships we have in place with our customers. You translate these targets to your staff and coach and motivate a dynamic team, whereby you are alive to the individual.
You represent the department at various consultation committees within Alphabet.
- Your sales-driven approach sees you contributing to the satisfaction of and the trust placed in us by our customers.
- You head up a team of sales administration assistants, who act as the central points of contact for our customers, ensuring optimum delivery of services and following up on the price quotes sent out.
- Along with the members of your team, you are committed to achieving the sales targets set out and to driving forward our market share and the partnership we have in place with our customers.
- You are in charge of coaching and developing the skills of all members of your staff.
- You develop business cases on a self-reliant basis and assume the lead in the onward follow-up thereof.
- You are in charge of the in-house co-ordination in company-wide projects at team leader level.
- You assume an active part in meetings .
- You have at least 5 years' experience in a sales post in the service industry.
- You have already racked up a few years' relevant hands-on experience in a people-management position.
- You are bilingual Dutch/French (spoken and written) and are fluent in English (spoken and written).
- You have a basic understanding of Word and Excel.
- You know how to set the right priorities and act swiftly and efficiently to achieve the targets set out.
- You use your common sense and are undeterred by adopting an 'out of the box’ approach.
- You set up solid customer processing operations together with the members of your team, whom you will be coaching and motivating on an ongoing basis.
- You are responsible for the processes aimed at enhancing quality and performance for the benefit of our customers.
- You are capable of delivering a verbal or written message clearly and correctly.
- You consider integrity to be a core value: as such, you consistently act in deference to the company's values and standards.
- Flexibility is second nature to you: you suitably respond to sudden changes and unexpected circumstances at all times.
You work in an entrepreneurial organisation and an enthuastic and amicable team. We offer you a permanent contract and a competitive salary, completed with extralegal benefits such as a company car, group insurance, hospitalization insurance and luncheon vouchers.
You will enjoy an intensive 'on the job' training and permanent training possibilities.
Interested? Send us your application via CV Warehouse.