Peugeot 308 voted Lease Car of the Year 2014

AARTSELAAR, Belgium, 27 March 2014 - Leasing company Alphabet crowned the Peugeot 308 Lease Car of the Year 2014 on 27 March 2014. The 308 was celebrated in style at Technopolis in the presence of more than 350 key persons from the automotive fleet world. Innovative mobility solutions were also spotlighted, as the nominated electrically powered vehicles attracted considerable attention at this 22nd edition.

The Peugeot 308, chosen unanimously by a jury of fleet managers, trade press journalists and Alphabet specialists, convincingly won among the 12 finalists and additionally won the Business category. Besides getting impressive scores for fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and benefits in kind, the jury was impressed by the car's innovative interior, pleasant driving dynamics and compactness.

Harald Pluym, Fleet Sales Manager of Peugeot Professional, added: 'First we were chosen as 'Car of the Year' in Geneva, now we’ve also been named 'Lease Car of the Year' here in Belgium. These awards do not only delight me but also create an opportunity to highlight Peugeot even more in the fleet market by means of its extensive and modernised range of cars. This is all the more relevant because of the SW model that will shortly be put on to the market.'

The Best in Class in the other three categories were the MINI Hatch (economy) and, for the first time in the history of Lease Car of the Year, two full electric best in class winners in the BMW i3 (Business+) and the Tesla S (Executive). The Tesla S also scored highest marks in the practical tests where the car completely surprised the jury by its outstanding driving performance. 'This confirms very much the trend-watching role of Alphabet,' said jury chairman Marc Vandenbergh. 'This result and the enormous increase in interest in our AlphaElectric eMobility solution have convinced us that electric cars are gradually becoming potentially fully-fledged company cars.'

Download the PDF


About Lease Car of the Year
The selection of the Lease Car of the Year is an opportunity for Alphabet to share its expertise about TCO and trendwatching with fleet managers. The initiative is defined by evaluating vehicles marketed in Belgium between 1 February of the year before and 31 January of the current year in terms of their market chance for company fleets. On 13 March, the jury conducted drive tests, accounting for 30% of the total points. The remaining points will be determined by the quality of the importer and dealer network (20%) and a set of objective criteria (50%) including fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, safety, tax treatment as a benefit in kind, marketability and leasing rate.

About Alphabet
Alphabet is a leading provider of Business Mobility in Europe. As such, it enables companies to manage their corporate mobility in an economical and sustainable way. Founded in 1997 as a division of BMW Group, Alphabet has gathered extensive knowledge of international fleet management and leasing. Its comprehensive portfolio includes consulting and funding as well as smart management products and services for company fleets. Alphabet’s Business Mobility solutions are tailor-made to meet specific corporate requirements in 19 countries. Today, Alphabet has more than 536,000 cars of all makes under management and is ranked fourth in the market. In Belgium, Alphabet manages more than 37.500 vehicles, earning Alphabet a spot in the top 4. Applying its expertise and technology, Alphabet also pioneers the creation of Advanced Mobility Solutions: AlphaElectric offers companies comprehensive eMobility, while AlphaCity is a cost-effective Corporate CarSharing option. For more information, please visit www.alphabet.be.

Contact
For further information, please contact: Ann Massart, Press Relations, Alphabet Belgium
03/459.59.71 of ann.massart@alphabet.be.


In the press

  • Fleet & Business: Peugeot 308 is 'Lease Car of the Year 2014': NL
  • Fleet: Peugeot 308 is 'Lease Car of the Year 2014': NL - FR
  • Fleet Europe: Peugeot 308 is Lease Car of the Year in Belgium: ENG
  • Fleet Management: Peugeot 308 is Lease Car of The Year!: NL - FR
  • Le Soir: Nouveau trophée pour la Peugeot 308: FR
  • KMO Insider: Peugeot 308 is Lease Car of the Year 2014: NL
  • Autogids: Peugeot 308 is Lease Car of the Year: NL - FR