Ford Mondeo wins Lease Car of the Year 2015

posted on April 23, 2015



AARTSELAAR, 23 April 2015 – On Thursday 23 April, the leasing company Alphabet crowned the Ford Mondeo with the Lease Car of the Year title for 2015. The winner of this 23rd edition, selected by a jury of 12 consisting of vehicle fleet managers, car journalists, and experts from the industry, was showered with praise during a celebratory award show in the Asian pavilion of Planckendael.

Jury chairman Marc Vandenbergh had the honour of presenting the award to the Ford Mondeo, which, apart from being the overall winner, has also been selected as the Best in Class in the Business+ category. The jury chairman said, “The Ford Mondeo persuaded the members of the jury with its extremely beneficial values with regard to Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Comprehensive Benefit (CB) in combination with the most economic consumption and CO2 emissions in its category.”

In addition, three other vehicles ran away with the title of Best in Class in the other categories. This year, in the Economy segment, it was the Mazda 2 which won the prize. The economical Mazda 2 charmed the jury on the test day with its road performance and high-quality finish within this segment. The winner in the Business category this year is the BMW 2 Active Tourer. Apart from its well known standards for quality and comfort, this new BMW model persuaded the jury convincingly during the practical test and also has the best TCO in its category. Finally, in the Executive class, the award this year went to the Land Rover Discovery Sport, which surprised the jury with its versatility and correct consumption for its category.

To arrive at this result, the nominated vehicles, sold in Belgium between 1 February 2014 and 31 January 2015, were assessed thoroughly for their potential for business fleets. On 19 March, the jury carried out the practical tests, which accounted for 30% of the points total. The other points were decided by the quality of the importer and dealer network (20%) and a series of objective criteria (50%), including consumption and CO2 emissions, safety, CB, and TCO.

“Over the years, the selection of Lease Car of the Year has become a real tradition and a reference in the industry. Moreover, it is the ideal opportunity for Alphabet to share its expertise in trend watching and business mobility.”, said Jan van Roon, managing director of Alphabet Belgium, who will be leaving his post on 1 June to make way for Christel Reynaerts.

Download the PDF


About Alphabet

As one of the market leaders for business mobility in Europe, Alphabet helps companies to manage their vehicle fleets efficiently and sustainably. Alphabet was formed in 1997 as a division of BMW Group and has built up extensive knowledge in the field of international vehicle fleet management and leasing. The extensive service includes both advice and financing. Alphabet business mobility solutions are all tailor-made in order to meet specific business needs.


With a database of over 555,000 vehicles of all makes in 18 countries, the organisation is one of the top four players on the market. In Belgium Alphabet now operates more than 42,000 vehicles and is among the top three.


With its expertise and technology, Alphabet leads the way in the field of Advanced Mobility Solutions: Alpha Electric offers companies extensive e-Mobility solutions, whilst Alpha City offers a cost-cutting Corporate Car Sharing arrangement. You will find more information on www.alphabet.be.

Contact

For further information, please contact: Ann Massart, Press Relations, Alphabet Belgium, 03/459.59.71 of ann.massart@alphabet.be.