Finalists and jury Lease Car of the Year 2014 announced

AARTSELAAR, Belgium, 7 February 2014 – The 2014 jury has made its first decision for the Lease Car of the Year. Twelve of the 25 initial contenders are still in the race for the title. These nominees were selected by the jury based on their fleet potential. This year is special because the finalists include two electric cars.


The 12 nominees for 2014 are:

ECONOMY:

Mini Hatch

Peugeot 2008

Renault Captur

BUSINESS:

Citroën C4 Picasso

Peugeot 308

Skoda Octavia

BUSINESS+:

BMW 3 GT

BMW i3

Mercedes GLA

EXECUTIVE:

BMW X5

Porsche Macan

Tesla S

By means of modified scoring and new criteria like Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), even more emphasis will be placed on leasing from this year onwards. Only the most marketable fleet models have been included in the selection for the longlist, for example. Variants, vans, 4x4s, coupés and cabriolets will be disregarded. There will also be an emphasis on cost-efficiency thanks to the weighting of criteria such as TCO, Benefit in Kind and consumption. And the jury will have a bigger say as for example from now on the field test will be good for almost one-third of the points. These vehicles will be subjected to a comprehensive drive test in mid-March. The “best in class” vehicles – one in each segment – and the 2014 winner will be announced on 27 March 2014 at an award show in Technopolis in Mechelen.

Marc Vandenbergh, Alphabet’s Director Sales & Marketing , is the chairman of the 2014 jury. He will be supported by a panel of experts from the sector, including fleet managers, journalists and internal specialists.


The members of the 2014 jury are:

Ferre Beyens Technical Automotive journalist, MMM (Fleet & Business)

Rob Custers Fleet & Mobility Manager South West Europe, Siemens

Didier Dekeyzer Procurement Director, Bpost

Johan Demets Deputy editor in chief AutoGids

Patricia De Waele Manager Sourcing, Alphabet Belgium

Lucien Gake Senior Accounting Manager, PPDI

Kris Holvoet Manager Operations, Alphabet Belgium

Ann Massart Manager Marketing & Communications, Alphabet Belgium

Hans Van den Driessche Editor “Fleet”-magazine

Steven Schoefs Chief editor Fleet Europe

Luc Pissens Fleet Manager, ING Belgium

Joke Vincx Manager Office Sales, Alphabet Belgium


About Lease Car of the Year

The selection of the Lease Car of the Year is an opportunity for Alphabet to share its expertise about TCO and trendwatching with fleet managers. The initiative is defined by evaluating vehicles marketed in Belgium between 1 February of the year before and 31 January of the current year in terms of their potential for company fleets. On 13 March, the jury will conduct drive tests, accounting for 30% of the total points. The remaining points will be determined by the quality of the importer and dealer network (20%) and a set of objective criteria (50%) including fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, safety, tax treatment as a benefit in kind, marketability and leasing rate.

Download the PDF


About Alphabet

Alphabet is a leading provider of Business Mobility in Europe. As such, it enables companies to manage their corporate mobility in an economical and sustainable way. Founded in 1997 as a division of BMW Group, Alphabet has gathered extensive knowledge of international fleet management and leasing. Its comprehensive portfolio includes consulting and funding as well as smart management products and services for company fleets. Alphabet’s Business Mobility solutions are tailor-made to meet specific corporate requirements in 19 countries. Today, Alphabet has more than 536,000 cars of all makes under management and is ranked fourth in the market. In Belgium, Alphabet manages more than 37.500 vehicles, earning Alphabet a spot in the top 4. Applying its expertise and technology, Alphabet also pioneers the creation of Advanced Mobility Solutions: AlphaElectric offers companies comprehensive eMobility, while AlphaCity is a cost-effective Corporate CarSharing option. For more information, please visit www.alphabet.be.

Contact

For further information, please contact: Ann Massart, Press Relations, Alphabet Belgium 03/459.59.71 of ann.massart@alphabet.be.